25 nov 2010

LA LILOUCHE_ HAUTE LINGERIE, Letter from Liya
















Haute Lingerie from La Lilouche.

"My hometown is Tel Aviv, but, this past years, I live almost everywhere. 
Since I remember myself, I always loved to travel, get in touch with other cultures around the world. 
Now, I live between London, Tel Aviv and the Far East: I love the multi-cultural atmosphere, urban life and the different inspirations to live by.
I graduate in Textile Design, I just returned to my hometown one year ago.
Before, I worked for 5 years in London as a lingerie designer in a fashion house, designing lingerie collections for most of the UK high street retails, as La Senza, Topshop, House or Fraser, Evans, etc..

I think Tel-aviv is always going to be my home: it feels like a holiday beach city with very friendly loving people all around you, which gives me the sense of love in my life.
London is where my heart is, its such a beautiful city to discover. Even when if it rains & grey all day. There is optimism inside the people around you, and nothing will stop you from smiling.
The far east for me is the un known in my life, living in China or India has opened my mind so much and  reveled the beauty of simplicity in my everyday life .

I think I'm inspired by a myriad of things: music, the sound of drums in my head. 
I try to be updated, following fashion blogs, website designers and emerging textile art.
The inspiration is an old movie, one of my trips. Whatever I find in my daily life, like fashion that runs in the streets or the markets of textiles. My starting point is that the lingerie should be perceived as a jewel: I try to maintain a balance in my creations, including the seduction and elegance. 
I love to combine these two qualities: it is important to make a woman feel beautiful and sensual at the same time . When I create, therefore, I use the finest materials to create something timeless, perfect for any occasion. 
A romantic night, a honeymoon, a wedding gift or a special gift! 
A unique lingerie for intimate moments, or as part of a more generic style. I create high quality products, using luxurious fabrics of exclusive design. I am a textile designer, so I feel good surrounded by fabrics, accessories, embroidery, buttons, precious stones or gold chains! I love working with ultra-feminine materials, that feel soft and look luxurious on your body. 
Silk tulles, sheer power nets, 100% silk fabrics , chiffons , satins, delicate Chantilly laces and exquisite details as sparkly Swarovski stones, rhinestones and beads.

I'm not the most organized designer, my desk is always covered with fashion magazines, pieces of fabric, sketches ... 
But when I'm creating a design, I'm usually taking the time to do a lot of fashion /design research online, buy a few art & design books, fashion magazines and build up a concept board I want to have as a direction or inspiration.It could be anything I want... but what’s really important for me in that process is that I create a huge visual board of images that gives me the feeling  I'm looking for in front of my eyes. 
I also think a palette of colors to create the collection. At this point, I begin to draw a few options. Once you decide the style, I proceed to design and sew the first prototypes.
I believe that finding the right fit for the lingerie is a process that takes a long time, but for me it is very important to find the perfect fit. Usually, tests are made with two fitting models, in different sizes of bra, until the fit is not perfect. Only then I proceed to sew the creation for my boutique. My ideal day starts at 7:30 in the morning: I love doing things very slowly, having time for a delicious breakfast and then going to the office. Just coming here, I make a list of things I want to complete in one day: this wish never come true! 
My business is a one-woman show, my days are always pretty busy: I do everything alone, from design to marketing. I also work as a freelance designer for other brands of underwear. It is always difficult to balance my work and private life, it is always a challenge. 
But I love what I do and I try to focus only on things I really love. 

For me the path to produce creativity is the development of myself as a person & in knowledge .
I'm not really referring to reading a lot of books or getting a masters degree, but I try to stay exposed to new ideas, open mind, see a lot of art exhibitions in different medias, designers work.. Traveling a lot to different countries and understanding new cultures, and developing new hobbies!  In sports or simply learning something new.
I think more different worlds of your life you have beside your work , more creative you become. As every encounter with someone, or something new that you learn inspires your thoughts and helping you to discover something you already had in you!

My creativity is directly related to myself, to my deep passion and intuition. 
It's the freedom that I can not always be in my life, it is something spiritual that continued research and that I can not express in words. My father is an artist and, since I was a child, he shared his knowledge with me, helping me to develop my intuition in different forms of art and music.I think this brings in me the desire to discover and do what I love to express my feelings".


Liya for La Lilouche




"La mia città natale è Tel Aviv, ma, negli ultimi anni, ho vissuto quasi ovunque.
Ricordo che ho sempre amato viaggiare, entrare in contatto con altre culture.
Ora, vivo tra Londra, Tel Aviv e il lontano oriente: amo le situazioni multi culturali, la vita urbana e le differenti ispirazioni che essa provoca.
Sono laureata in Textile Design, da appena un anno sono tornata nella mia città natale.

Lavoravo da 5 anni a Londra come lingerie designer in una casa di moda: progettavo collezioni di intimo per la maggior parte dei retails collocati nella High Street inglese, come La Senza, Topshop, House od Fraser, Evans, etc.
Credo che Tel Aviv sarà sempre la mia casa: qui, mi sembra di essere in una località vacanziera, spiaggia e persone amichevoli e piacevoli intorno. Queste persone trasmettono il senso di amore nella mia vita.
A Londra, invece, ci lascio il cuore: è una città bellissima da scoprire, anche quando piove o è tutto grigio. Le persone intorno sono piene di ottimismo, e niente può togliere il sorriso.
L'Estremo Oriente, poi, è la parte misteriosa della mia vita, ammaliante: vivendo in Cina o in India, ho ampliato le mie vedute, scoprendo così la bellezza della semplicità nella mia vita quotidiana.

Credo di essere ispirata da una miriade di cose: la musica, il rumore della batteria nella mia testa.
Cerco di essere aggiornata, seguendo fashion blogs, website di designers emergenti e textile art.
L'ispirazione è un vecchio film, uno dei miei viaggi.
Qualsiasi cosa trovo nella mia vita quotidiana, come la moda che gira nelle strade oppure i mercatini di tessuti.

Parto dall'idea che la lingerie dovrebbe essere percepita come un gioiello: cerco di mantenere un equilibrio, nelle mie creazioni, tra la seduzione e l'eleganza.
Adoro combinare queste due qualità: è importante fare sentire una donna bellissima e femminile allo stesso tempo.
Quando creo, quindi, uso i più eleganti materiali per creare qualcosa senza tempo, perfetto per ogni occasione.
Una notte romantica, una luna di miele, un dono nuziale oppure un regalo speciale!
Una lingerie per momenti intimi unici, oppure come parte di un più generico stile.
Creo prodotti di alta qualità, utilizzando tessuti lussuosi dal design esclusivo.
Sono una textile designer, perciò mi sento a mio agio immersa in tessuti, accessori, ricami, bottoni, pietre preziose o catene d'oro!
Adoro lavorare con materiali ultra femminili, che sia soffici sul corpo e lussuosi da guardare.
Tulle, seta, chiffon, raso, pizzi delicati di Chantilly, squisiti dettagli raffinati, come luccicanti Swarovski, pietre, strass e perle.

Non sono una designer iper organizzata, la mia scrivania è sempre ricoperta da fashion magazines, pezzi di tessuto, bozze...
Ma quando decido di creare, mi prendo tutto il tempo necessario per ricercare tendenze moda/design, comprare libri di arte e costruire il concept di ispirazione/progettazione. Un visual board di immagini, quello che cerco è così davanti ai miei occhi.
Penso anche ad un palette di colori con cui realizzare la collezione.
A questo punto, comincio a disegnare qualche opzione. Una volta deciso lo stile, procedo a disegnare e cucire i primi prototipi.
Credo che trovare la giusta forma per la lingerie sia un processo che richiede lungo tempo, ma per me è molto importante trovare la vestibilità perfetta.
Solitamente, le prove di fitting avvengono con due modelle, in taglie differenti di reggiseno, finché la vestibilità non è impeccabile. Solo allora procedo a cucire la creazione per la mia boutique.

La mia giornata ideale comincia alle 7 e 30 della mattina: adoro fare le cose molto lentamente, avere il tempo per una deliziosa colazione e poi andare in ufficio.
Appena arrivo qui, stilo una lista delle cose che vorrei completare in giornata: questo desiderio non si avvera mai!
Il mio business è un one-woman-show, le mie giornate sono sempre abbastanza occupate: faccio ogni cosa da sola, dalla progettazione al marketing della mia collezione. Lavoro anche come freelance designer per altri brands di intimo.
È sempre difficile equilibrare il mio lavoro alla vita privata, è sempre una sfida. Ma amo quello che faccio e cerco di concentrarmi solo sulle cose che amo davvero.
Il percorso che ho intrapreso per diventare una designer è basato solamente sullo sviluppo e l'arricchimento di me stessa e delle mie conoscenze.
Non ho letto, né studiato molti libri o frequentato un master a riguardo.
Ho sempre cercato di essere aperta ed esposta a nuove idee.
Open my mind, partecipare a tante esposizioni di arte/ media, seguire i lavori di vari designer.
Viaggiare in diversi paesi, capire e percepire nuove culture, coltivare nuovi e diversi hobbies, semplicemente per imparare qualcosa di nuovo!

Credo che se coltivi nuovi mondi dietro la tua vita lavorativa, la tua creatività aumenta: qualsiasi incontro con qualcuno o qualcosa di nuovo che impari è un'ispirazione per i tuoi pensieri.
È un modo per scoprire qualcosa che già hai dentro di te, solo da un punto di vista nuovo o diverso. 
La mia creatività è direttamente connessa al mio io, alla mia profonda passione e intuizione. È la libertà che non sempre posso avere nella mia vita, è qualcosa di spirituale che ricerco continuamente e che non so esprimere a parole.
Mio padre è un artista e, sin da quando ero una bambina, ha condiviso con me la sua conoscenza, aiutandomi a sviluppare la mia intuizione in forme diverse di arte e di musica.
Credo che questo mi abbia avvicinato alla voglia di scoprire ciò che amo fare e ad esprimere le mie passioni."

Liya for La Lilouche

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

TAGS