21 mar 2011

HUIYI TAN _Jewellery always has a very close relationship with fashion


























Everyday Jewels, designed by 9 different themes/ inspiration: Pencil - Sterling Silver- Gemstone- Silky- The Kisses- Happy Buttons- Wearable Sculpture- Organic Beauty- Enamel. 
Interview with Huiyi Tan, Handmade Contemporary Jewelry Designer

"I live in a town called St. Austell in Cornwall, the UK. 
You know the famous Eden Project? It is in St Austell.
 Remember the film Alice in Wonderland? Alice took a ship to extend her business in Asia in the end of the film? 
That ship is about 10 minutes away from where I live. 
We have the most beautiful and relaxed cornish landscape here. 

I'm inspired by everyday objects, the casual forms of everyday objects and colors from nature.
What I try to say is: Everything is stunning and gorgeous if you see it from the proper way.
Fashion is something that could enhance our beauty and bring us confidence. 
It speaks for the wearer through visual language.

I love re-used materials. The innovative way to apply them always brings me fresh ideas and keeps encouraging me to explore the different possibilities.
 I studied Environment Design at college, and therefore eco-friendly materials are my first choice all the time. 

Whenever I have some strange ideas, I draw them down in my diary, which is full of crazy ideas these days. A few days later, I will start bringing them into 3D objects. 
I enjoy handmade."







Gioielli contemporanei, quotidiani, rigorosamente fatti a mano.
Huiyi Tan, designer e produttrice dell'omonima linea di gioielli, divide le sue creazioni in 9 temi: Pencil - Sterling Silver- Gemstone- Silky- The Kisses- Happy Buttons- Wearable Sculpture- Organic Beauty- Enamel.


Ricordate il film Alice nel paese delle meraviglie? Quando Alice si imbarca per estendere la sua attività in Asia alla fine del film?
Quella nave è di circa 10 minuti da dove vive Huiyi.
Il paesaggio più bello e rilassante della Cornovaglia. 

Ispirata da oggetti di uso quotidiano, da forme casuali e dai colori dalla natura.  
Quello che cerca di dire è che tutto è sorprendente e meraviglioso, se lo si vede dal modo corretto. 
La moda è qualcosa che potrebbe migliorare la nostra bellezza. Chi la indossa comunica attraverso un linguaggio visivo. 
 
Adora materiali riutilizzati: matite, cerniere, colori, bottoni. Un modo nuovo di vedere le cose porta sempre nuove idee, esplorando così le diverse possibilità.
Studiando Environment Design al college, i materiali ecologici sono la sua prima scelta per tutto il tempo.
Ogni volta che ha delle idee strane, li elabora nel suo diario, che è pieno di idee folli.

She loves handmade





Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

TAGS