16 dic 2010

42 THINGS_ Eco Friendly Paper Goodies











Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Jo Ferris, designer of 42 Things, lives in a  very small community near a lake.  
Everyone seems to know everyone.  They are the people who are always trying something new, saving too much junk and doing something different!  
Here, the interview.
 
_Inspired by?
My children, books, shapes in nature, my husband...

_What do you want to communicate the world with your creations?
I would like everyone to start looking at the things that they are used to recycling or throwing away with new eyes.  Can it be reused somehow?  Can someone else use it?  
I don't mind if people try my ideas, as long as they are extending the life of otherwise expendable materials.

_Recycle or Re-used? Vintage or eco-friendly material? What is your choice?  
I love to reuse anything that I find.  Vintage sheets, paper, books.  I just use what comes my way and let it inspire me.  

_ What's the path to produce your creativity?
In the short term:  Sometimes I have to MAKE myself sit down and make stuff.  But other times it'll just come to me and I can't wait to try.  
 In the long term:  I knew I needed a creative outlet.  I am a homeschooling mom and stay at home wife and I started to worry that I wouldn't know what to do with myself once my kids didn't need me anymore.  
I was losing confidence in my creative nature.  
One day my husband told me to just make something and start an etsy shop!  It has boosted my confidence so much to have this creative outlet.

_What Is CREATIVITY INSIDE You?  
I'm the kind of person that loves to try new things.  Recipes, projects... Anything that is really back to basics, soap making, pasta from raw ingredients.
The creativity inside me comes from my love of simplicity.  Of trying to protect this gift of nature that God has given us.  To not take for granted the time we have here.  
My heart breaks to see people running around so busy but never slowing enough to enjoy the gift of food, of nature, of simplicity.  
Nothing tastes better than a home cooked meal from whole ingredients.  Nothing feels better than sitting in front of a wood stove and playing games with your family.  That is where my drive and creativity comes from.  The quest for a simple life.









Sherwood Park, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

Jo Ferris, designer di 42 Things, abita in un piccola comunità, nei pressi di un lago.
Qui, tutti sembrano sapere tutto. La gente del posto risparmia tanto dalla spazzatura, prova sempre qualcosa di nuovo, di diverso.

Jo è ispirata dai suoi bambini, dai libri antichi, dalla natura, da suo marito.
La volontà di 42 Things è che ognuno di noi inizi a dare importanza alle cose che si possono riciclare e a “fare spazzatura” con occhi nuovi, consapevoli e ponderati.
Chiedersi se ciò che si getta può essere riciclato, se può servire a qualcun altro. La cosa che importa a Jo è estendere la vita ai materiali riciclabili, riusabili. Non farsi prendere dalla frenesia del divorare gli oggetti, gettarli quando l'entusiasmo della novità si esaurisce.

Ama riutilizzare qualsiasi cosa trovi. Cartoline o libri antichi, pezzi di carta altrimenti buttati, qualsiasi cosa Jo incontra sulla sua strada lascia che ispirino se stessa.
Se dovesse esprimere, in poche parole, perché ha cominciato a creare direbbe che a volte necessita di sedersi e creare. Altre volte, invece, è l'innata creatività che la trasporta.
In realtà, Jo ha sempre saputo di avere bisogno di uno sbocco creativo. È una mamma, una casalinga e l'insegnate dei suoi figli: una volta che i figli non avranno più bisogno di lei, Jo deve avere un'occupazione, un'espressione con cui sentirsi viva. Suo marito ha rafforzato la sua fiducia, perchè Jo non perdesse del tutto la vena creativa che scorre da sempre dentro di lei.
Lei è il tipo di persona che adora provare cose nuove. Tutto ciò che significa un ritorno alle origini, come la produzione di sapone naturale, le ricette.
La sua creatività si esprime come l'amore per la semplicità, per la naturalezza, per il rispetto delle cose utili, per il valore di utilità che ogni cosa possiede. Per il recupero.
Jo cerca di tutelare i doni della vita, per non dare per scontare il tempo e gli oggetti.
Le si spezza il cuore quando vede le persone correre freneticamente, essere sempre occupate.
Mai un rallentamento per godere dei piaceri della vita e della natura.

Niente ha un sapore migliore delle cose prodotte con le proprie mani. Nulla si percepisce meglio di ciò che è condiviso con gli affetti. 
La sua creatività proviene da questi sentimenti. La ricerca della semplicità.

3 commenti:

  1. Thank you Thank you so much.

    I love your blog! I just wish I could read Italian :)

    RispondiElimina
  2. Wish I could read Italian! 42things makes beautiful paper supplies!

    RispondiElimina
  3. Jo... Soon my blog will be also in English! Thank you so much to be part of my project! Have a nice holiday and a very Merry Xmas! My bests

    RispondiElimina

TAGS