20 mag 2011

SUMIKO SHOP _ Independent Italian Creativity









Evelyn Palazzin is the mind behind Sumikoshop: she is the designer/producer & owner, who lives in Cervia, Italy, a small town on the seaside, with her boyfriend and her 4 years old son.
I'm so happy to discover also the independent italian creativity.
A nice conversation, about Evelyn and Sumiko.

"I am crazy about traveling and would gladly travel around the world. 
I love adventure and unspoiled places…. white beaches …the sun ... I wish to live somewhere warm all year round.

I've always had a passion: to create, since i was young, creating clothes or anything I could think of.
only a few years ago, I thought I'd start my own accessories collection.
I opened Sumikoshop on Etsy, in June 2008, and since then my life changed, my days are completely dedicated to creating, photographing, and thinking about new collections.

My collections are very different between them: each item reflects my personality, I love many different styles and I can mix them all together.
My accessories are mostly female and whimsical, for a bon ton look, but sometimes I like mixing vintage with modern materials, and try to create simple everyday pieces.

I am especially inspired by the materials that I find.
I love using rare vintage pieces, in brass, satin ribbons and cabochons, but I love experimenting with new materials each time
Many of my items are one of a kind and others are made in limited quantities, and are made with love and attention to detail.

With the collaboration of Simon Filip, and the singer Becky, of The Honey Trees, I could give more light and more touch to the style that I want to represent and communicate with my jewelry".


***


Sumikoshop Lovely Finds:http://sumikoshop.blogspot.com/
My Etsy shop: http://sumikoshop.etsy.com







Evelyn Palazzin è la mente che si nasconde dietro Sumikoshop: lei è la designer/produttrice e fondatrice, vive con il suo ragazzo e il suo bimbo di 4 anni a Cervia, una piccola città sulla riviera romagnola.
Sono molto contenta di scoprire e parlare della creatività indipendente italiana, handmade only.
Una piacevole chiacchierata, riguardo Evelyn e Sumiko.

"Adoro viaggiare, e mi piacerebbe riuscire a vedere tutto il mondo. Amo l'avventura e i luoghi sconosciuti… spiagge bianche… sole… Mi piacerebbe vivere in un posto caldo tutto l'anno.

Ho sempre avuto una passione: creare, sin da quando ero bambina, creare abiti o qualsiasi cosa mi piacesse. Ho aperto Sumikoshop su Etsy, nel giugno 2008 e da allora la mia vita è cambiata: i miei giorni sono interamente dedicati a creare, fotografare, progettare nuove collezioni, sempre molto diverse tra loro. Ogni oggetto che creo riflette la mia personalità. Amo diversi stili, e cerco di mixarli insieme.

I miei accessori sono molto femminili per un look bon ton, ma qualche volta adoro unire l'aspetto vintage con moderni materiali, cercando di creare semplici pezzi quotidiani.
Sono molto ispirata dal materiale che trovo: amo usare pezzi unici e antichi, rari, in ottone, oppure nastri di raso e cammei. Ma adoro anche sperimentare nuovi materiali ogni volta. Molti delle mie creazioni sono one-of-a-kind, pezzi unici, creati in quantità limitate, con amore e attenzione.

La collaborazione con Simon Filip e con la cantante Becky, di The Honey Trees spero possa attirare più attenzione e riflettere anche di più lo stile che voglio rappresentare e comunicare i gioielli."


***


Sumikoshop Lovely Finds:http://sumikoshop.blogspot.com/
My Etsy shop: http://sumikoshop.etsy.com

Tumblr: http://sumikoshop.tumblr.com/

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

TAGS